BER months are here!

It's the first day of the September! you know what that means? It's the start of the "BER" Months. 

We know this is the true start of Christmas season. This is also the season mothers such as myself get ready to go shopping for gifts, decorations and also for foods needed to be prepare for the Noche Buenas. 

When it comes to Christmas, admit it, we are total spenders. There are also ways you can be ready and save more.

Here are some tips:


1. List down the necessary:

List down the things you needed like travel cost if you are alone and wanted to travel during the holidays. or how about the decorations you want for a party or you house. Set them apart by categories so you won't get confused. Budget is key to saving more of your money. You just have to learn to discipline yourself with money.



2. Create a gift list:


    List the people you want to give a gift to. Of course, family is your number one on you list the rest are you friends and a very special someone. You won't need to give them such a expensive gift to know how special they are for you. Give them something significant that would let them remind of you :) Sample: Office mates you can give them flower pot note clippers it's not expensive but it's just the thing they need for the office. 




3. Buy on Bazaars and sales promotions:

    You can buy inexpensive but go out went to different bazaar where you can get your items. If you really want some cheap stuffs you can go to Divisoria for your Christmas shopping, although I don't recommend because how dangerous it is during Christmas season. Thieves roam around the area in search of their prey. But you can try The World Bazaar in World Trade Center. It is organized every year since 2012 but there is a entrance fee of P 50. 

    
But the most important thing in Christmas is don't forget God is the center of your life. None of the things you have now or will be having would be possible if God is not present in your life. 

18 comments:

  1. I agree! it is practical to buy gifts in a bazaar. It is inexpensive and you have a lot of different stuff to choose from. and it yes! it's always BER months - and BER months is BeerFest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not really excited with Ber months because I find it stressful. I also buy my gifts in bazaar and sometimes I DIY my gift like baked goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also suggest buying in Divi as early as now. Mahirap makapagsapalaran sa Divi pag November na hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Christmas-junkie so I actually do all the things you mentioned above! To add to your post, it's also as important to remember Jesus everyday, not just on holidays. Cheers! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Holidays! My mom usually sets up our tree on the 1st of Sept. Yes, it's time to make and cross out the shopping list to avoid the holiday rush!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's September already, but I cannot really feel the holidays yet. Last time, we already put up the tree in September, but I guess it's going to be later this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes its the BER month na. A lot of gastos ulit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the craaaaazy BER months! I love Christmas despite the gastos but this year would be extra special coz it's my first Christmas as a mummy. Yay! Crossing fingers I wont overspend!!! This is a great tip. Must. Bookmark. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice tips, it's always great to plan gift shopping early!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I never really got into this habit kasi gift giving is not really practiced in the family (although of course binibigyan rin naman ng stuff even if it's not Christmas). I'll probably follow these tips though especially that I have quite a handful of inaanaks plus a daughter and a partner to give to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's Christmas time once again!!! weeh I am excited to shop for my kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. We buy Christmas gifts ahead of time to avoid the price increase during Christmas season... Thanks for sharing your tips, mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BER months cue in the bazaar season! Though I'm not a fan of shopping per se, I love the process of buying gifts for others, putting thought to each one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I loved the gift lists hehe. In that way, we won't buy too many things then later on find out that we were way over the gifts and unfortunately broke. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ugh I love and hate it when Ber months come!! Haha! Thanks for these tips, it reminded me of what to do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I plan on DIY-ing our gifts. It's something I say I want to do every year, then I end up running out of time. Good news is I started already yay! Sana matapos ko lahat hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment :)