4 Ways To Get Your Child To Eat Vegetables

Children nowadays can be quite picky. When they see anything that is green on their plate, they instantly know that is vegetables. Children would place the vegetables on the edge of the plate and wouldn't eat it. As parents, we reprimand our child that they would not be allowed to play not unless the plate is clean. RJ is not picky with his veggies, he would anything that is in his plate. (good boy!) This post is for those who are concern for their children's eating habits.



In getting your kid to eat vegetables, you need perseverance and patience with a pinch of creativity. There is no impossible thing you can do just for the sake of your kids.

4 Ways To Get Your Child To Eat Vegetables:

1. Be a role model

As parents, we should set an example to our children. They think of us as role models when they are growing up. We should explain to our children what is the importance of eating vegetables. There are educational videos for kids that how a good balance nutrition is significance to their health.

2. Be creative with food

Put a creativity in making your dishes. Colors and patterns like creating cartoon characters are fascinating in your children's eyes but sometimes they might want to play it with more than eat it.  There are different sites that gives out many different recipes that uses vegetables that can be appetizing for the kids. You can try this site: Vegetable Recipes for Kids.



3. Attack their Curiosity

Children are very curious in almost about everything. You can use their curiosity in letting them help you make the dishes. When they make the dishes with you then they will be curious on how does it taste. With this kind of engagement, not only you did you have them eat their veggies but also you get to have a fun activity with your kids. A perfect bonding time with your family. 

4. Reward Chart

Create a reward chart for the kids this would motivate them with to eating more. You can look up this in the bookstore or you can also make your own. Cut out different food pictures and give them stars for each veggies they eat for the week. The result may vary but sometimes they will be requesting you create the dishes again. :) Good luck mommy!

20 comments:

  1. being creative on food is quite effective not just for kiddos but grown ups too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why as early as now, I only give my daughter (7 months old) fresh vegetables and fruits. Mahirap na baka maging picky eater sya paglaki eh..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave my babies fresh pureed veggies when they started to eat solids. Now, they still become picky all on their own. I wish they would understand to try something before they say no.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree on all! may be there's really a phase when they get choosy with food and that we need to more creative to make it attractive for them to eat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ang sarap naman tingnan ng angry bird na gulay! Definitely kids will like it. I dont have problem with my eldest son eating vegetable but my baby bunso is quite picky. So sang katutak na story telling before he ate his vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the reward chart... can I copy that idea? Hihi :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can research it on google :) doon ko din nakuha :>

      Delete
  7. Thank God my Sofi was not picky naman nung toddler years nya. :) Sanayan lang cguro and be creative as you can. I would love to try bento though. Siguro soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. With this, I can say that better start them young.. When I say young I mean start feeding them veggies when they're just beginning to eat solid food.. Mashed, puree or blend/grind veggies..

    So that their taste buds gets familiar with the tastes of veggies.. ;)
    That's what I did with my eldest and is currently doing with my little one.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, I wish my daughter would eat veggies! This is great, I'll try this when my daughter is older, at present, she just won't cooperate ;(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I started feeding my daughter vegetables before she turned one and as she grew older, she ate whatever's on the dining table. I don't believe in preparing a different meal just because she's a toddler or just because she likes chicken or spaghetti. By training her to eat what the adults eat, she didn't grew up to be a picky eater. And yes, she loves her veggies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are real challenges in training our kids to eat healthy and being a role model is probably the hardest part for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never thought of reward cards. Siguro nga they will be more inspired to eat better when they have that. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're lucky your boy is not very picky. My toddler is so picky! Can you recommend some veggie recipes that your boy likes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can have it on pasta :) http://www.cookinglight.com/food/everyday-menus/vegetable-recipes-for-kids here try this. this is where i get my ideas e.. :>

      Delete
  14. Yes, sometimes creativity with the food is the only key to success. I guess most kids go through that "picky eating" stage we just have to remind them that they need to be healthy so they have to eat healthy foods too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankfully, my two little ones are not very picky when it comes to veggies...they actually love 'em! I think what contributed to them liking vegetables is that I introduced veggies as part of their meals ever since they started eating solids. Since it's a normal thing in their plate, they never really questioned them anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right now I'm lucky enough that my son eats anything I feed him, that includes veggies. I don't like veggies myself, so I'm always researching how I could learn to appreciate them. I find that soup is a good place to start!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am lucky that my son learned to eat his veggies. These are nice tips mommy Rona :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's my problem and i decided to face it head on they need to finish whats on their plate no ifs and buts about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment :)