Mark Gil dies of cancer

Yes it true! The veteran actor that we all know and love, Mark Gil, has died at the age of 52 supposedly 53. He was going to celebrate his 53th birthday on September 25. The last time we all saw the veteran actor was on "The Legal Wife" which he co-work with Ms. Angel Locsin in the ABS-CBN. 

He leaves his 6 children behind (Gabby Eigenmann, Timmy Eigenmann (Sid Lucero), Andi Eigenmann, Maxine Eigenmann, Ira Eigenmann, and Stevie Eigenmann.) and also his wife, Maricar Jacinto-Eigenmann. 

A statement from the Eigenmann family says that in 2012, the actor was diagnosed with liver cancer. It was also confirmed that the illness is terminal in June 2014. The family have the actor's body cremated instead be bury on a casket.

Mark Gil's death was confirmed and announced through a private message on Facebook to Rappler by Perry Lansigan, the Gabby Eigenmann's manager. It is said that Mark Gil died on Sept. 1,2014 at 8 'o clock in the morning which was confirmed by the actor's manager, June Rufino. 

His siblings who are also active in the showbiz are Michael de Mesa and Cherie Gil. 



Gabby manager's also stated that the family requested privacy to grieve the actor's death as of the moment.

His Star Colleagues express deep sadness through their social media accounts. 



Mark Gil during his younger days

5 comments:

  1. I was really shocked when I saw Andi Eigenmann post because I have no idea that Mark Gil has cancer. Napanood ko pa nga siya sa Legal Wife. RIP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too, I was really shocked. I think no one outside their family and friends knew about his sickness. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading about his health problem before, but didn't know it was cancer. RIP Mark Gil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked, I really love his old 90's movies. I love old movies. I'm sure he's happy now with the Almighty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment :)